Happy belated Earth Day!
People who appreciate the outdoors know that we don’t keep the world a beautiful place all by ourselves. It takes a team. It took a team of people to create the National Park System, and it takes teams of people all over the world like the International Union for Conversation of Nature to protect our natural resources.
Today, I could talk about how being outside teaches teamwork—and it does—but instead I want to focus on a handful of the many organizations that ensure we have beautiful parks, pristine waterways, and natural spaces to explore. I want to write a thank you, of sorts, to those whose teamwork ensures all of us the chance to take our families outside.
In no particular order, here are just a few of the organizations acting as part of Earth’s team:
- The Nature Conservancy World
- World Wildlife Fund
- Alliance for the Great Lakes
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- The Sierra Club
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Conservation International
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- World Nature Organization
- Bio-Diversity and Nature Conversation Association
- Michigan Nature Association
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
Thank goodness, Earth’s got a pretty big team! That having been said, there’s always room for more people. I hope you’ll join the team to make the outdoors a place we can all enjoy for years to come.